Propose a project
Acting on behalf of the environment was already part of the Petzl company’s practices.The Petzl Foundation supports projects while focusing on the balance between man and his cultural, economic and ecological environment.
Beyond offering only financial support, the Petzl Foundation will follow you through your project.
How to process?
- Complete the application by answering as clearly as possible to each question.
- After a first selection, the selected projects will be presented to the Board of Directors of the Petzl Foundation, who decides which projects will be supported for the following year
2012 call for projects dates
- November 2012
Projects are selected by the Foundation’s Board of Trustees.
- End of November 2012
Among the projects chosen, the three best ones will be presented by the Petzl Foundation to take part in the
EOCA contest for the additional 30 000 € award
- End of July 2013
The project should
- aim to protect natural areas whose natural and leisure environments are directly threatened anywhere in the world
- link with the outdoor activities like rock climbing, mountaineering, or for the professional area, work at height,
- focus on core problems and relate to preventive and not curative action (for example, pollution clean-up projects will not be selected)
- directly involve the public,
- have a timeline and be results-oriented, with quantifiable objectives
- be sustainable: have a cycle of a minimum of one to two years,
- create true public consensus
- be proposed by a non-profit organization.
The Petzl Foundation does not finance
- Projects proposed by individuals or structured businesses.
- Requests coming from public administrations or state delegated services, except in the field of research.
- For-profit, promotional or advertising projects
- [11-27-12] Encourage respectful climbs in a major site: Piedra Parada
- [08-30-12] The environment call for projects is extended!
- [05-16-12] The Cochamo valley, a forgotten Yosemite
- [04-23-12] Saving the monk seals in Mauritania
- [12-21-11] Grimper dans les palmiers, un métier dangereux
- [12-20-11] Nepal: training future professional trek guides
- [05-23-11] Call for projects environment!
- [05-02-11] How to reduce accidents in the Gouter couloir?
- [03-29-11] Join the public Conservation Vote !
- [02-14-11] Ice Crystal, a scientific expedition into the heart of the waterfall
- [11-24-10] Results of the 2011 environment request for proposals!
- [07-30-10] Outdoor Industry Conservation Charity joins IUCN
- [06-29-10] Successful release of 3 Bearded vultures in the Vercors massif
- [05-21-10] Makay, the last Eden in flames
- [04-19-10] Saving Cochamo
- [02-05-10] Great success for symposium of the Bonelli's eagle
- [01-22-10] Petzl Foundation supports scientific explorations
- [09-29-09] First steps of Access PanAm
- [07-08-09] The Access PanAm initiative supported by the Petzl Foundation
- [06-05-09] Mountain safety training