The Petzl Foundation's missions
The Petzl Foundation carry out action to support sustainable development in France and abroad. Its priorities lie in promoting awareness and prevention of the risks inherent to vertical activities and striving to achieve a good balance between mankind and our cultural, economic and ecological environment.
Petzl has a long history of providing financial support to worthy projects, most notably in the US.
The Petzl Foundation will allow for the expansion of such efforts internationally in all countries, with activities directly or indirectly related to the core businesses of the Petzl group.
Serving the community that has enabled Petzl to exist and thrive
The Petzl Foundation supports the efforts of nonprofit organizations working for the benefit of our community and in the general interest of all, particularly in the following areas
- [10-18-13] Rescue services operational in Kalymnos!
- [09-11-13] The Petzl Foundation Supports the Alpine Near-Miss Survey
- [08-05-13] Working with Aron Ralston to protect Utah’s redrock desert canyons
- [07-19-13] The environment call for projects is launched!
- [11-27-12] Encourage respectful climbs in a major site: Piedra Parada
- [05-16-12] The Cochamo valley, a forgotten Yosemite
- [04-23-12] Saving the monk seals in Mauritania
- [12-21-11] Grimper dans les palmiers, un métier dangereux
- [12-20-11] Nepal: training future professional trek guides
- [05-23-11] Call for projects environment!
- [05-02-11] How to reduce accidents in the Gouter couloir?
- [03-29-11] Join the public Conservation Vote !
- [02-14-11] Ice Crystal, a scientific expedition into the heart of the waterfall
- [11-24-10] Results of the 2011 environment request for proposals!
- [07-30-10] Outdoor Industry Conservation Charity joins IUCN
- [06-29-10] Successful release of 3 Bearded vultures in the Vercors massif
- [05-21-10] Makay, the last Eden in flames
- [04-19-10] Saving Cochamo
- [02-05-10] Great success for symposium of the Bonelli's eagle
- [01-22-10] Petzl Foundation supports scientific explorations