Home › Environment › Projects
The exploration of a remote island by a multidisciplinary team of scientists as part of a single project won over the Petzl Foundation! Paul Petzl, president of group Petzl, after his lightning visit into the eye of a Chilean storm, said: "Here, I find the spirit of expedition in the broadest sense of the word: an international expedition that Petzl and its foundation are happy to support”.
The Bonelli’s Eagle, a large bird of prey typically found in Mediterranean regions, has become increasingly rare over the twentieth century. Today, this species is of particular concern to nature preservation associations and is the subject of a national action plan that aims to eliminate the causes of its decline.
Will the last historical hut in the Alps, located in the Écrins National Park, disappear? The Petzl Foundation supports the association of the Friends of the Refuge de l’Aigle (The Hut of the Eagle) in order to save this highly symbolic element of mountaineering of the last century. View all photos of the model
The Red River Gorge Climbers’ Coalition (RRGCC) is a group of climbers that has come together to protect, promote and guarantee responsible climbing at the Red River Gorge site in Kentucky in the United States. Project supported in 2007.
A magnificent bird with an approximate wingspan of three meters, the bearded vulture was disappearing from the Alps at the beginning of the 20th century, a victim of legends wrongly accusing it of attacking herds and stealing children. The Petzl Foundation supports the Conservatoire d’Espaces Naturels de Haute Savoie (Asters association) in their work strengthening this growing population in the Alps and in their conservation efforts.
- [11-27-12] Encourage respectful climbs in a major site: Piedra Parada
- [08-30-12] The environment call for projects is extended!
- [05-16-12] The Cochamo valley, a forgotten Yosemite
- [04-23-12] Saving the monk seals in Mauritania
- [12-21-11] Grimper dans les palmiers, un métier dangereux
- [12-20-11] Nepal: training future professional trek guides
- [05-23-11] Call for projects environment!
- [05-02-11] How to reduce accidents in the Gouter couloir?
- [03-29-11] Join the public Conservation Vote !
- [02-14-11] Ice Crystal, a scientific expedition into the heart of the waterfall
- [11-24-10] Results of the 2011 environment request for proposals!
- [07-30-10] Outdoor Industry Conservation Charity joins IUCN
- [06-29-10] Successful release of 3 Bearded vultures in the Vercors massif
- [05-21-10] Makay, the last Eden in flames
- [04-19-10] Saving Cochamo
- [02-05-10] Great success for symposium of the Bonelli's eagle
- [01-22-10] Petzl Foundation supports scientific explorations
- [09-29-09] First steps of Access PanAm
- [07-08-09] The Access PanAm initiative supported by the Petzl Foundation
- [06-05-09] Mountain safety training